5 Channel Partner Updates: 16 June 2016
Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to sip on for Thursday, June 16, 2016.
Actually, there are nine entries for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs) and independent software vendors (ISVs) to sip on. Take a look…
9. FireEye Rejects M&A: FireEye has rejected at least two takeover offers this year — including one from Symantec — allegedly because the offers were below the company’s expectations, Bloomberg reported. Symantec shifted focus and instead acquired Blue Coat for $4.65 billion.
8. Cloud Acquisition: Samsung is buying Joyent Inc., a cloud services provider that has mobile and IoT expertise… Financial terms were not disclosed.
7. Raspberry Pi M&A: Premier Farnell, which promotes Raspberry Pi computers, is being acquired by Daetwyler Holding AG, a Swiss industrial component supplier, for approximately $871 million. The deal seeks to consolidate the fragmented European electronics-components distribution market, Bloomberg asserted.
6. Cloud Services Brokerage Market Forecast: The cloud services brokerage market will have a 45.9 percent CAGR (compound annual growth rate) from 2013 to 2018, according to RadiantInsights. Most brokers offer cloud service intermediation, cloud service integration, and/or cloud service aggregation, the report states. We’ll share more thoughts soon.
5. Data Center Expansion: CyrusOne, one of Texas’s largest data center providers, has acquired a 40-acre parcel in Northern Virginia. Yup, it will eventually house a data center…
4. Big Data Professional Services: Hortonworks, a major Hadoop provider, has unveiled updates to the company’s Global Professional Services (GPS) — including new training offerings. I didn’t notice any supporting quotes to promote Hortonworks’ emerging channel partner program. Bummer.
3. Oracle Earnings: The IT giant is set to unveil quarterly earnings after U.S. markets close today (Thursday, June 16). Most eyes will be on Oracle’s cloud revenues. A former employee alleges Oracle has been artificially inflating those numbers — a claim that Oracle rejects.
2. Hot Opportunity: Veeam is seeking a director of North American Alliances. Check out that career opportunity and plenty more on the ChannelE2E Job Board — a free service for VARs, MSPs, CSPs and channel-friendly technology companies.
1. Join Us Today: We’ll unveil the Top 100 Vertical Market MSPs and related research during our ChannelE2E webcast today (Thursday) at 2:00 p.m. ET/11:00 a.m. PT. Register now to see the list and get the research.