5 Channel Partner Updates: 16 February 2017
Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Thursday, February 16, 2017.
Actually, there are 17 timely updates for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on. Take a look…
17. RSA Conference Recap: Among the companies we met at RSA Conference: Avast, Barracuda Networks, BlackStratus, Cisco Systems, Intel Security (i.e., McAfee), Kaspersky Lab, NinjaMSP, One Identity, SonicWall, SolarWinds MSP, Sophos and Webroot. So What Did We Hear?: Our Tuesday meeting recaps are here. And our Wednesday meeting recaps are here. But that’s not all. We’ll be summarizing more of the chatter we heard at meetings really soon. Stay tuned for updates here.
16. Top 100 Vertical Market MSPs: Does your company rank among the world’s Top 100 Vertical Market MSPs? Prove it and get the recognition you deserve. Participate in the ChannelE2E Top 100 Vertical Market MSP survey. Deadline for submissions is March 31. We’ll unveil results and honorees during our April 27 Webcast.
15. M&A – Cloud Services Provider: Blackstone has acquired a majority stake in Cloudreach for an undisclosed sum. Cloudreach, founded in 2009, is based in London and has operations across seven countries.
14. Avaya Channel Chief: Avaya promoted Walter Denk to worldwide channel chief. He previously was VP of Avaya Germany’s Small and Medium Business Group. There, Denk successfully led initiatives that enhanced customer and partner satisfaction, sales coverage, productivity and alignment. Prior to Avaya, Denk held positions in sales and marketing at Deutsche Telekom, IBM and PricewaterhouseCoopers.
13. More Google Fiber Changes: Google Fiber has named Greg McCray as CEO. He previously led Aero Communications. Google also shifted hundreds of Fiber employees to other Alphabet business divisions. The company had fiber layoffs in 2016 as Google began to rethink its residential broadband strategy.
12. IoT Partnership: Avnet and IBM are launching a Watson Internet-of-Things (IoT) Joint Lab within IBM’s newly opened global Watson IoT Center in Munich, Germany. Avnet will use this unique environment to showcase, demonstrate, develop and sell IoT solutions, the company said. I believe the effort involves Avnet Technology Solutions, which Tech Data is in the process of acquiring from Avnet.
11. Free Cloud Security Audits: Threat Stack has launched a free cloud security trial for Amazon Web Services (AWS) customers. The free trial provides DevOps and MSPs with a risk score for cloud environments based on security best practices established by both AWS and Center for Internet Security (CIS). True believers include Wavefront, which offers SaaS-based cloud monitoring to customers.
But wait. More content awaits you on page 2. Proceed to page two now and sip up the remaining items…