5 Channel Partner Updates: 14 December 2016
Welcome to page two of today’s update. We’re confident the page load time was worth your wait. Take a look…
10. Office 365 vs Google G Suite in EMEA: Microsoft’s Office 365 suite and Google’s G Suite are deployed in 66 percent of organizations across EMEA (Europe Middle East and Africa). The twist? Two-thirds of the deployments involve Office 365 vs. one-third for G Suite, according to Bitglass.
9. RMM Alternative: Pulseway, which specializes in cloud- and mobile-first RMM (remote monitoring and management) software, appears to be in rapid growth mode. Pulseway signed up more than 1,200 new customers in 2016 — though they weren’t all MSPs. Additional adopters include organizations within higher education, legal, supply chain and logistics.
7. Network Security: Infoblox, which specializes in Actionable Network Intelligence, has launched the Infoblox Technology Alliance Partner (TAP) Program, which is building an ecosystem of technology partnerships to optimize network automation and better defend against cyber threats.
6. Ransomware Payments: Fully 70 percent of businesses infected with ransomware have paid ransom to regain access to business data and systems, according to IBM Security survey results on Ransomware. In comparison, over 50 percent of consumers surveyed said they would not pay to regain access back to personal data or devices aside from financial data. Still, the consumer data point could be a bit misleading. After all, consumers were predicting how they would react — rather than stating how the did react — to ransomware.
5. Managed Security Services, Part I: Seceon, a threat detection and management company, has launched a channel partner program for managed security services providers (MSSPs).
4. Managed Security Services, Part II: EventTracker, which specializes in security information and event management (SIEM), has launched a managed security service called SIEMphonic. The service includes SIEM, intrusion detection, vulnerability scanning, threat intelligence, and HoneyNet technology, implemented either on-premises or in the cloud. EventTracker has also launched a 24×7 security operations center (SOC) to back the service.
3. The Force Is With You: Sign up for our MSP Pricing webcast (set for this Thursday, Dec. 15) and attend the event, and you could win a Star Wars X-Wing Quad Copter. Plus, the webcast ends in time for you to see Rogue One’s premiere Thursday night…
2. Free MSP Marketing Tools: Continuum has launched Continuum Content Creator, a free web-based tool that allows MSPs to generate custom-branded marketing and sales collateral to support their lead generation and prospecting efforts. The Continuum Content Creator is designed for Continuum’s MSP partners.
1. MSP Pricing for 2017: Just in case you ignored the link in item 3 above, don’t forget to join our MSP Pricing webcast on Thursday. TruMethods CEO Gary Pica will share MSP Pricing guidance and profitability formulas for 2017…