5 Channel Partner Updates: 14 April 2016
Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to sip on for Thursday, April 14, 2016.
Actually, there are nine entries for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs) and independent software vendors (ISVs) to sip on.
9. ConnectWise CloudConsole: ConnectWise CloudConsole is now integrated with Tech Data. A similar integration with Ingram Micro already was in place. CloudConsole, launched in February 2016, started as a Microsoft Office 365 management tool but will soon extend to Azure management.
8. Cloud Boom Forces Market Exit: Still think cloud services aren’t disrupting traditional data center hardware providers? Take a look at a painful reset over at Emerson, which plans to exit its Network Power business amid a major sales slump, according to Bloomberg.
7. Partner Summit: CoreDial, which provides hosted PBX and cloud billing services, kicked off its first partner conference (PartnerConnex) this week. The company claims to have more than 500 channel partners and over 200,000 cloud communications seats deployed. The company’s latest relationships involve BroadSoft and MASS Communications.
6. Partner Programs:
- Eastwind Networks, a provider of a hybrid network breach detection system, has launched its Managed Service Provider (MSP) and Managed Security Service Provider (MSSP) program. Find details here.
- Fireglass, a cyber security specialist, has launched the SPARK Partner Program for resellers and distributors. Fireglass’s partner-driven offering that allows customers to eliminate attacks such as malware, ransomware, phishing and more, the company claims. Partner program info is here.
- Hundreds of Partner Programs: Search ChannelE2E’s Partner Program Database for specific hardware, software and cloud partners that can meet your needs.
5. mindSHIFT Revisited: Former mindSHIFT CEO Paul Chisholm is set to keynote Continuum Navigate 2016 in September. Chisholm was part of the leadership team that built and sold mindSHIFT to Best Buy, though the MSP has since been resold to Ricoh.
4. Synnex and HP Enterprise: Synnex is working closely with Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) on the One Path program. Perks for partners include personalized deal registration support and automated web-based quoting tools. Got questions? Email Synnex here.
3. HPE Small Business Servers as a Service?: Hewlett Packard Enterprise has launched an on-premises server that’s managed remotely. It’s called the HPE ProLiant Easy Connect Managed Hybrid solution. It’s a subscription-based solution provides customers with an on-premise server. The offering launches April 28, 2016 in the US and UK. Partners can purchase subscriptions from their distributors. We’re checking to see if the server is a complete subscription solution with no up-front hardware costs.
2. Analytics Distribution: Arrow Electronics has agreed to distribute Qlik’s self-service data visualization platform. Companies use Qlik to formulate data-driven decisions.
1. MSP Software: More landscape shifts are coming. Before May flowers arrive.
More: Read all of our daily 5 Channel Partner Updates. Plus: Subscribe to our daily enewsletter. Thanks to those who already have.