5 Channel Partner Updates: 13 March, 2017
Welcome to page two. Enjoy a second serving of channel content — items 10 to 1 — here.
10. Verifone Security Breach: Verifone says a recent security breach was “limited” to two-dozen U.S. gas station convenience stores. The company, which develops point of sale systems, has had a rocky year amid tricky transitions to chip-based credit card readers….
9. Home Depot Security Breach: Home Depot has agreed to pay $25 million for damages that occurred in a 2014 data breach that impacted 50 million customers.
8. SMB Fails Security Tests: Forty percent of IT pros at small and medium-sized businesses give their organization a failing grade for having a balanced security stack, Infosecurity Magazine reports…
7. MSP IPO Recap: Presidio (PSDO) debuted at the low end of its IPO range on the Nasdaq Friday. The company, which offers mid-market IT services, raised $233 million by pricing 16.7 million shares at $14 each, Barron’s noted. You can track Presidio’s overall IT services strategy here.
6. Talent: ConnectBooster has hired Ted Roller as Channel Chief. ConnectBooster develops an automated payments processing solution for channel partners. Roller is a well-known IT channel veteran and co-founder of Get Channeled, which offers virtual channel chief services to tech companies. He previously was channel chief at Intronis (now owned by Barracuda Networks) and also guided channel development initiatives for Mailprotector.
5. M&A – Driverless Cars: Intel has agreed to buy Israeli driverless technology firm Mobileye for $15.3 billion, the largest ever acquisition of an Israeli high-tech company, Reuters noted. The deal is the world’s biggest purchase of a company solely focused on the autonomous driving sector; Mobileye accounts for 70 percent of the global market for advanced driver-assistance and anti-collision systems, Reuters estimated.
4. M&A – Office Equipment: Global Imaging Systems has acquired Laser Resources Inc., essentially uniting a Xerox service provider with a printer dealer. The deal strengthens GIS’s presence in Iowa. We’ll share more details soon.
3. M&A – SAP Partner: AMERI Holdings (aka Ameri100) has acquired ATCG Solutions a system integration firm specializing in providing end-to-end SAP enterprise cloud services. ATCG’s expertise includes SAP HANA, Hybris, SuccessFactors and business intelligence. We’ll share more details soon.
1. Call for Entries: Participate in our Top 100 Vertical Market MSPs survey, and your company could earn honors. We’ll announce results, honorees and associated research in April. Complete the survey today.