5 Channel Partner Updates: 13 June 2017
Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Tuesday, June 13, 2017.
Actually, there are 12 updates for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on. Take a look…
12. Workspace as a Service, Part I: VMware continues to crow about its Workspace ONE updates, The platform allows users to access the apps they need—web, mobile, Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) or virtual—from the device of their choice. Moreover, VMware is promoting single sign on (SSO) capabilities with the offering. Part II: Meanwhile, IBM claims its VersaStack converged infrastructure is ideally designed for running Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) and hybrid cloud workloads. Part III: But don’t forget a lengthy list of channel-centric WaaS providers now works with VARs and MSPs. Key names to know include itopia (with recent CRO hire Ted Hulsy) and Neverfail, among others.
11. SD-WAN Deployments: Demand for SD-WANs is booming across Europe, the Middle East and Africa, a new report from IDC has claimed, predicting the technology will become one of the “key building blocks” in network infrastructure, according to MobileEurope. Here’s what’s driving demand for SD-WANs.
10. 5G Wireless Concerns: Europe’s telcos are already lagging counterparts in Asia and the US when it comes to investment in 5G technology, according to Hossein Moiin, the chief technology officer of Finland’s Nokia, in a report from LightReading. Hmmm… That’s somewhat troubling considering AT&T and Verizon have taken lumps for potentially misleading statements about 5G deployments in the US (See item 9, May 1, 2017).
9. Platform as a Service: WP Engine, one of the largest hosting providers focused on WordPress, has expanded its global footprint with new Amazon Web Services (AWS) data center availability across North America for its 60,000+ customers, the company says.
8. Cloud Migrations & Distributors: Expertek Systems has launched Expertek Cloud Migration solutions and services to help distributors migrating to the cloud. The offering includes IT infrastructure, application hosting, network management, storage, security, backup and disaster recovery.
7. Partner Program: Cybereason, an endpoint security specialist has launched a Global Partner Program in the Americas, EMEA and APAC. The Program is aimed at identifying, recruiting and compensating VARs, MSPs, system integrators and technology alliance partners. VP of Channels Gregg Henebry is driving the effort.
6. Vertical Market MSP: AlphaServe Technologies has doubled down on the legal vertical. The MSP claims to offer enterprise-class managed services for midsize and small law firms.
4. Apple Managed Services: Dimension Data has introduced endpoint lifecycle management services for Apple iOS devices. We’ll share more thoughts soon.
3. IoT Managed Services: Senet, which offers low-power, wide-area networks (LPWANs) for long-range Internet of Things (IoT) applications, has launched cloud-based managed network services. The offerings allow communication service providers (CSP) to deploy LoRaWAN services on their physical assets, supervise the network infrastructure, manage connectivity and control roles and access rights within a reliable and scalable solution, the company asserts.
2. Kaseya Security for MSPs: Kaseya has announced AuthAnvil MSP Protect. The offering is custom-built to help MSPs protect their own businesses, while also providing a potential revenue stream for security as a service, Kaseya asserts.
1. SMB Conference: ChannelE2E will be blogging live from Ingram Micro SMB Alliance Unplugged starting tomorrow (June 14). Want a feel for the community? Check out this podcast with Darren Gottesmann, director of SMB sales at Ingram Micro. Plus, Paul Hager, president and CEO of Information Technology Professionals, an MSP in Wisconsin, joins us.