5 Channel Partner Updates: 12 January 2017
Welcome to page two. You’re about to be tantalized.
11. H-1B Visa Overhaul?: President-elect Donald Trump’s transition team has been actively considering ways to revamp a temporary visa program used to bring foreign workers to the United States to fill high-skilled jobs, according to Reuters…
10. Rackspace Leadership: Rackspace has named Jeff Cotten to the president position, where he’ll oversee the company’s global sales team, its international businesses, and its fastest-growing businesses, including Fanatical Support for AWS, Rackspace Managed Security, and the company’s services for customers who run e-commerce and digital marketing solutions. He succeeds Alex Pinchev, EVP and president of Global Sales and Marketing, who will retire at the end of January. Rackspace over the past year has shifted from a public cloud provider to a privately held MSP focused on Azure and AWS managed services.
9. Web Developer Layoffs: Newmedia, the third largest web developer in Denver, has cut 20 percent of its staff, according to BusinessDen. The 20-year-old company now has about 60 employees. Newmedia is preparing to launch Drud, a lower-cost way to design and develop websites.
Partner Programs, Distribution
7. MSP Operational Efficiency: Continuum has launched a eBook designed to help MSPs to boost their operational efficiency. Not by coincidence, operational efficiency typically boosts an MSP’s gross margins — and therefore a company’s valuation.
6. SD-WAN Channel Momentum: VeloCloud Networks, which promotes cloud-delivered SD-WAN technology, now has 130 registered channel partners, and the company’s revenues grew eight-fold in 2016 vs. 2015. Admittedly we don’t know actual revenue figures and the growth rate likely involves a small base from 2015. Still, the fast-growing SD-WAN market is filled with partner opportunities.
4. New Partner Program, Part II: Menlo Security has launched the new SafeToClick Global Channel Partner Program. Menlo’s specializes in isolation security, protects enterprises from “costly and dangerous problems of malware, ransomware and email phishing attacks.”
3. New Partner Program, Part III: Kontena has launched a partner program that provides out-of-the box support for technologies and solutions in four areas: CI/CD Pipeline Tooling; Infrastructure Platforms: Public, Private and Hybrid Cloud; Monitoring and Logging; and ISV Stacks. Initial partners include IBM Softlayer, Splunk, SUSE, Dataloop and Red Hat.
1. Veeam Partners of the Year: You’ll find the honorees here. We’ll share more thoughts soon.