5 Channel Partner Updates: 10 May 2017
Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Wednesday, May 10, 2017.
Actually, there are 12 updates for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on. Take a look…
12. Amazon Video Calling: Amazon has launched Echo Show, a touchscreen device that supports and video calls and content streaming…
11. Data Center Business: Nvidia’s revenues rose nearly 49 percent in the company’s most recent quarter, powered by strong demands for its data center chips.
9. SAP Succession Plan?: The German software giant faces major questions over CEO planning and executive pay, according to Bloomberg. Hmmm… Doesn’t that headline fit scores of technology companies — many of which scramble to find a successor when a highly-paid executive exits?
8. Partner Program: ANEXIO, a cloud infrastructure provider focused on “Desktop to Data Center” solutions, has unveiled a new ANEXIO Advantage channel sales program for its sales partners.
7. Funding – IT Monitoring: Perspectium, which develops a SaaS-based enterprise integration, replication and monitoring platform, has raised $8 million in Series A funding. Accenture and Infosys rank among the IT service providers adopting Perspectium.
6. New Relic Momentum: New Relic‘s Q4 2017 revenues were $73.3 million, up 40% compared to the fourth quarter of fiscal 2016 and 8% from the third quarter of fiscal 2017. The results beat Wall Street’s expectations. New Relic specializes in application, infrastructure and mobile performance monitoring. It’s a key growth space that could unlock new revenues for MSPs and other service providers that focus on customer experience. Key rivals include AppDynamics, CA Technologies, Datadog and Dynatrace.
New Relic CEO Lew Cirne explained the company’s MSP and partner strategy in this ChannelE2E video in 2016:
5. Help Desks & Mobile Management: Soti has launched Soti Assist, a help desk solution designed to easy mobility management. We’ll share more details soon.
4. Layoffs – IT Consulting: There’s lots of chatter about layoffs at Cognizant, Wipro and Infosys. We’ll share more details soon.
3. Acquisition – MSP DevOps: Deloitte has acquired Strut Digital, a boutique technology company and MSP that specializes in DevOps. The Strut team helps companies move to and manage cloud-based IT environments, by leveraging the AWS cloud platform, as efficiently and effectively as possible, the companies claim. We’ll share more details soon.
2. Talent: Cyberark, a cybersecurity specialist that protects businesses against insider threats, has hired Marianne Budnik as chief marketing officer. She previously held similar positions at SimpliVity, Acme Packet and CA Technologies. We’ll share more details later this month. (Hmmm….)
1. SIEM Services: EiQ Networks has launched a co-managed SIEM and log management service called SOCVue for Splunk Enterprise Security (ES). The managed security service “combines people, process, and technology to organizations using Splunk ES,” the company says. We’ll share more details later this month. (Ahem…)