Welcome to page two. Enjoy a second serving of channel content — items 10 to 1 — here.
10. Free MSP Marketing Tool: AppRiver’s Partner Portal now contains appMailer, a free marketing tool for an MSPs. Once an MSP sets up their branding within the system, they can send email marketing campaigns with four clicks of a mouse, according to Channel Sales Manager Justin Gilbert.. No HTML knowledge is required. The tool supports English, German, French and Spanish — with additional language support on the way. Third-party marketing services aren’t required, but appMailer can be integrated with Mail Chimp, Campaign Monitor, Constant Contact, or HubSpot. Users can also create an HTML file that can be sent using Outlook.
8. IT Monitoring & Funding:Sensu has raised $2.5 million from Foundry Group to bolster the company’s flagship product, according to BizJournals. Sensu is an open source software tool used to monitor digital infrastructure. Unlike other tools, Sensu looks at infrastructure in its entirety and monitors everything from servers, to the software to the apps that a customer’s clients are running, the journal reported.
Finally, we’ve got a lengthy list of security-focused updates for you…
7. File Sharing Protection:FinalCode has launched its latest persistent, file-centric information rights management (IRM) solution, which protects files inside and outside of an organization. FinalCode 5.2’s features include a file preview capability in Box, enhanced support for EMC storage and macro-enabled Office files and screen watermarking.
6. M&A – Threat Assessments:Everbridge has acquired IDV Solutions, a provider of threat assessment and operational visualization software. IDV’s Visual Command Center application displays an integrated picture of external threats and events overlaid with an organization’s people, assets and supply routes, along with other contextual information.
5. Security Talent:InfoArmor Inc, a provider of employee protection solutions and elite cyber intelligence services, has promoted President and CFO John Schreiber to the CEO post. The company also announced an investment by global growth equity investor Summit Partners, though a financial figure was not disclosed.
3. D-Link IoT Security Lawsuit: Cause of Action Institute, on behalf of D-Link Systems, has filed a Motion to Dismiss the “baseless” charges brought by the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) regarding the company’s security practices for consumer routers and IP cameras. The FTC claims D-Link’s IP devices contain security holes that hackers can potentially exploit to harm consumers. “This is a case of politicized government overreach without justification or any evidence of consumer injury,” said Patrick Massari, assistant vice president, CoA Institute. “In fact, to her credit, Acting Chairwoman Ohlhausen voted not to bring this case and has spoken out against the agency filing other lawsuits ‘on the eve of a new presidential administration’ that are based on a flawed legal theory and lack economic and evidentiary support.” We’ll continue to track the case…
1. Symantec Earnings: The security company is expected to announce earnings sometime today. We’ll be watching to see how Symantec is executing amid multiple acquisitions and channel changes over the past year.