Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Wednesday, February 1, 2017.
Actually, there are 19 entries for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on. Take a look…
19. Apple Revenues, Cash & Trump: Apple’s latest quarterly results, delivered yesterday, were better than expected thanks to iPhone sales. On the geopolitical front, CEO Tim Cook has expressed concerns about President Donald Trump’s immigration policies. However, Cook is optimistic about another political issue: Cook is “optimistic, given what I am hearing” that there would be changes to the corporate tax reform this year that would allow Apple to bring more than $200 billion in offshore cash back to the United States, according to Reuters. What would Apple do with all that cash once it’s on U.S. soil? “Let’s wait and see,” Cook added.
17. Autotask Expansion?: Keep an eye on the Autotask’s Schaumburg, Illinois office. Hmmm….
16. IT Services Franchises:TeamLogic IT was recently recognized by five leading franchise industry organizations as a top franchise brand — including honors from Entrepreneur Magazine, Franchise Business Review and Americas Best Franchises. TeamLogic IT, led by CEO Chuck Lennon, reached the 100-unit milestone in 2016.
14. Partner Programs:Statistica, a Quest Software business and provider of analytics solutions, has launched Statistica Edge and a new IoT partner program.
13. Business Continuity: Arcserve has launched a new Unified Data Protection (UDP) solution. It supports Amazon Web Services (AWS) as a remote disaster recovery site; enhanced Office 365 protection; along with expanded reporting and orchestration capabilities.
12. Channel Chief: Aryaka, an SD-WAN provider, has hired Nick Fan as VP and GM of Americas. Fan leads sales and channel functions for Aryaka in the Americas region.
11. Microsoft Azure Cloud Partner: TierPoint LLC, a national provider of hybrid IT solutions, is now a Microsoft Azure Authorized Indirect Cloud Solution Provider. Fewer than one dozen U.S.-based managed hosting and cloud providers have achieved that designation
But wait. More content awaits you on page 2. Proceed to page two now and sip up the remaining items…