5 Channel Partner Updates: 07 April 2017
Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Friday, April 7, 2017.
Actually, in tribute to Spinal Tap this list goes up to 11. That’s right, there are 11 updates for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on.
11. Partners of the Year: Less than one year after launching the Concur Solution Provider Program, the SAP-owned company has unveiled its solutions providers of the year… Related Partner Conference: The SAP Sapphire Now and ASUG conference is in May.
10. IoT Partner Program: Netgear, which focuses on home networking and smart home security products, has launched an authorized partner program for its Arlo Smart Home Security Camera systems. Netgear Arlo is partnering with COPS Monitoring, a wholesale provider of professional monitoring services in the United States. COPS Monitoring provides services for approximately 3,500 independent alarm dealers and integrators representing more than 2.1 million accounts in the U.S., Canada, and the Caribbean.
9. Avaya Networking Sale: Avaya has received court approval to sell its networking business to Extreme Networks for up to $100 million. Avaya is navigating bankruptcy court and expects to file a reorganization plan within the next few days or so. Avaya retirees, fearful about the future of Avaya’s pension plans, are watching the situation closely.
8. Legacy Server Emulation: Stromasys, which develops legacy server emulators , has launched a service to migrate SPARC, Alpha, VAX, and HP 3000 critical applications to the Oracle Cloud Platform.
7. Okta IPO Today?: Okta, the identity and access management (IAM) company, is expected to go public at $17 per share today. That figure would help the company raise about $187 million. Related: Okta publishes a list of the 25 most popular SaaS applications for business.
6. NetApp Return to Growth?: The storage company says it can return to growth in the second half of this year, according to a financial presentation earlier this week. Like most hardware storage companies, NetApp is racing toward the flash storage market. But some of those potential on-premises upgrades are floating off to the cloud…
5. DXC and Amazon Cloud: DXC Technology, formed from the CSC and HP Enterprise IT Services merger, is partnering up with Amazon Web Services. DXC is now a preferred provider for AWS hybrid and cloud-enablement. The deal also “advances DXC’s asset-lite strategy leveraging the AWS Cloud,” the companies said. The name to know: Steve Hilton, DXC’s EVP of delivery.
4. IT Service Management on Microsoft Dynamics 365: Provance IT Service Management is now available on Microsoft AppSource, the new marketplace for business users. Provance IT Service Management is an IT Service and IT Asset Management solution powered by Microsoft Dynamics 365.
3. IT Service Management Kits: Pink Elephant has launched new Smart Kits in the company’s new My Pink online portal. Smart Kits support best practice frameworks and processes such as IT Service Management (ITSM), and Organizational Change Management. The kits help organizations plan and execute IT and business improvement projects using Project and Process templates, Case Studies, Sample Plans, Checklists and Process Evaluation tools, and Multi-Media Education modules.
2. Talent – IT Service Management: EasyVista Inc., a provider of service management for IT organizations, has named Frédéric Pierresteguy as VP of sales/EMEA. Pierresteguy brings more than 25 years driving sales and business development — most recently 12 years at LANDESK, and previously at Symantec, Commvault and Legato Systems, the company said.
1. Partner Programs Database: Compliancy Group, which assists MSPs and resellers with HIPAA compliance opportunities, is the latest addition to ChannelE2E’s Partner Program Database. Roughly 150 companies are listed in the free database. Is your company listed? If not, submit your company’s partner program info here.