5 Channel Partner Updates: 02 June 2017
Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Friday, June 2, 2017.
Actually, there are eight updates for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on. Take a look…
8. More Oracle Layoff Rumors: After denying layoff rumors in May, Oracle apparently made some job cuts yesterday (June 1) across multiple organizations in the U.S. and United Kingdom. Some folks suggest a reorg also is involved, but we haven’t confirmed any of the alleged details.
7. VMware Momentum: CEO Pat Gelsinger points to these milestones involving NSX (network virtualization), vSAN (storage virtualization) and the forthcoming VMware Cloud for Amazon Web Services.
6. Enterprise Service Providers: LogicMonitor has unveiled a Service Provider Platform — a SaaS-based performance monitoring platform for enterprise-class SP’s. We’ll share more details soon.
5. IT Talent: IT staffing provider TSR Inc. will not pursue a proposal from shareholder Zeff Capital LP to acquire all outstanding shares of the company’s common stock. TSR intends to remain independent.
4. Microsoft Azure and Partner Revenues: Nerdio has launched Nerdio for Azure (NFA), an IT automation platform for Microsoft’s cloud. The platform allows cloud solutions providers to move their customers to Azure, Nerdio claims.
3. MSP Investment: ServerCentral has made a strategic investment in Turing Group, a privately held, Chicago-based company with expertise in the architecture, development, transformation, migration and management of applications on Amazon Web Services. We’ll share more details soon.
2. DattoCon17: We’re set to blog live from DattoCon17, which starts June 5 in Denver. Track all of our coverage here. Roughly 1,000 MSPs are set to attend. If you’d like to potentially meet at the conference please email me ([email protected]). Thanks to multiple sources who’ve already reached out to me. I’ll be firming up my interview schedule later today (Friday).
1. Autotask Community Live: Registration is now open for Autotask Community Live, the company’s annual conference for IT service providers. The conference runs Sept. 17-19 in Miami. ChannelE2E will be on-hand to blog live from the event.