5 Channel Partner & MSP Market News Updates: 6 March 2023
Dell Partners with CrowdStrike; Amazon Pauses HQ2 Construction; Enterprises Eye Cloud Spend Efficiency; ConnectWise Cybersecurity Benefits
Credit: Getty Images
Welcome to the beginning of a new work week. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day on Monday, March 6. Sip up.
What’s In Our Daily Brew?
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), IT service providers (ITSPs), cybersecurity consultants, technology solutions providers (TSPs), systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), distributors and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
Today’s Technology and MSP Partner Program News
- Dell Partners with CrowdStrike: Technology vendor Dell and cybersecurity provider CrowdStrike are partnering on cybersecurity. The companies said that over the coming months CrowdStrike will be available across a broad set of Dell offerings, including with the purchase of Dell commercial PCs.
- Construction Paused By Cloud Giant: Amazon has paused construction of its second headquarters in Virginia following the layoff of 18,000 workers in January. The company said it will welcome the already-hired 8,000 employees to the Met park campus, its first phase of development, when it opens in June.
- Cloud Spending Scrutinized: Enterprises are reportedly looking to make their cloud spending more efficient, turning to cloud management tools and internal teams. Could this trend come down market and turn into an opportunity for managed service providers? What are your clients saying about their cloud spend?
- Adding Cybersecurity Via Your MSP Platform Provider: Managed services platform software provider ConnectWise recently released a Total Economic Impact Study performed by Forrester, looking at the impact of using ConnectWise solutions to offer cybersecurity services to clients. The report examines financial benefits such as 24/7 SOC savings and cyber insurance benefits and support.
- Reopened for Business: MSP Progressive Infotech says it has reopened its Bengaluru office in India due to market demand. The office was temporarily closed due to COVID-19. The reopening is part of the company’s effort to expand its presence in Southern India.