5 Channel Partner & MSP Market News Updates: 27 March 2023
SVB Sold to First Citizens Bank; Cloud Price Wars Coming?; CISA Tool to Protect Microsoft Platforms; Toshiba Managed Print Win
Credit: Getty Images
Welcome to another Monday. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more on this March 27, 2023. Sip up.
What’s In Our Daily Brew?
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), IT service providers (ITSPs), cybersecurity consultants, technology solutions providers (TSPs), systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), distributors and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
Today’s Technology and MSP Partner Program News
- Silicon Valley Bank Sold: First-Citizens Bank & Trust Company has acquired all the deposits and loans of Silicon Valley Bank, according to the U.S. Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. The 17 former branches of Silicon Valley Bank will open as First-Citizens Bank & Trust today. The FDIC shut down Silicon Valley Bank earlier this month after a bank run. The bank was widely used by venture capitalists and their portfolio companies for both company and person banking.
- Public Cloud Price Wars Coming?: ET CIO reports that in recent months several startups based in India have been approached by AWS rivals urging them to switch from the cloud giant with offers lower prices. The report notes that these companies have been able to reduce cloud costs by 20% to 30%. Are such moves afoot in the U.S., too? We’ll be listening for any indications.
- CISA Tool for Defending Against Microsoft Platform Attackers: A new tool from the Cybersecurity Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) is aimed to help network defenders with detecting malicious activity in Microsoft Azure, Azure Active Director, and Microsoft 365.
- Managed Print Customer Win: The University of Massachusetts has chosen Toshiba America Business Solutions as its managed print technology provider. The UMass community will leverage Toshiba’s cloud-based Encompass managed print as a service (MPaaS) platform while managing the nearly 900 e-Studio multifunction printers across the university’s six campuses.
- Moore’s Law is Everywhere: Gordon Moore, the Intel co-founder and originator of Moore’s Law, passed away over the weekend at the age of 94. He leaves an amazing legacy of ubiquitous technology. Moore’s law is as much about economics and manufacturing as it is about technology. It’s the reason why technology hardware gets less expensive with each generation, and you can fit a mobile phone — that’s faster and more powerful than the computer of a few years ago — in your pocket today.