5 Channel Partner & MSP Market News Updates: 2 March 2023
White House Releases Cybersecurity Strategy; eCloudvalley Partners with Microsoft; Cherokee Federal Acquires Cybersecurity Service Provider
Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day on Thursday, March 2. Sip up.
What’s In Our Daily Brew?
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), IT service providers (ITSPs), cybersecurity consultants, technology solutions providers (TSPs), systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), distributors and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
Today’s Technology and MSP Partner Program News
- New White House strategy on cybersecurity: The Biden administration released its first national cybersecurity strategy this morning. The 40-page document shifts responsibility for protecting against attacks from consumers and end users to technology companies.
- Top public cloud MSP partners with Microsoft: eCloudvalley Digital Technology (ECV), which has ranked as a Top Vertical Market MSP and a Top Public Cloud MSP on ChannelE2E’s annual lists, has announced a strategic partnership with Microsoft. eCloudValley has already helped 450 Hong Kong enterprises in their digital transformations since 2016, and the company is now partnering with Microsoft to empower local enterprises to accelerate their cloud journey in Hong Kong.
- Cybersecurity and managed services acquisition: Cherokee Federal, the federal contracting division of Cherokee Nation Businesses has announced the acquisition of Criterion Systems, a cybersecurity and IT services company. Criterion specializes in modernizing and securing government IT.
- New cybersecurity partner program: Vanta, which operates a continuous security monitoring and automated compliance platform has launched an MSP partner program. Vanta says that its trust management platform simplifes and centralizes security program management by providing full visibility into an organization’s risk.
- A look at the European labor market: Is the labor market in Europe as crazy as it is in the U.S.? CompTIA’s most recent tech employment report looked at trends in the European market for Q3 2022 when employer job postings for technology positions in 10 countries totaled nearly 1.7 million. More than half of tech job postings (54%) sought candidates with 0 to 2 years of work experience. Job postings were widely dispersed geographically, with the largest numbers in Germany (639,278), Poland (450,391) and France (280,681). Positions in software development, programming and web development had the highest volume of job postings in Q3 2022 (372,525). Demand was also strong for systems analysts and cybersecurity professionals (208,468), IT support specialists and technicians (119,185) and network and systems administrators and technicians (86,254).