5 Channel Partner & MSP Market News Updates: 13 March 2023
Cloudflare Releases Top 50 Brands Used in Phishing Attacks; SVB Closure Could Spur Phishing; Bell Techlogix Appoints New COO
Credit: Getty Images
Happy Monday the 13th, MSP friends. Might we mention, it could be the toughest Monday of the year — the one after Spring Forward. What ever happened to that Congressional effort to end this Day Light Savings Time switching madness forever? Anyway, here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more on this March 13, 2023. Sip up. And maybe get an extra cup or 3 of coffee today.
What’s In Our Daily Brew?
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), IT service providers (ITSPs), cybersecurity consultants, technology solutions providers (TSPs), systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), distributors and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
Today’s Technology and MSP Partner Program News
- Cloudflare has released its list of Top 50 Brands Used in Phishing Attacks, and we bet you can guess many of them. Microsoft, Amazon, Apple, eBay, Office365, US Postal Service, Internal Revenue Service are among the big ones that will be targeting users at your client companies.
- Since we’re talking about phishing attacks, it may also be a good idea to warn clients to be extra vigilant right now in the wake of the Silicon Valley Bank and Signature Bank closures. Bad actors could be exploiting emotions of panic around banking institutions right now to send fraudulent messages and emails that look like they are from actual financial institutions. Time to be extra careful.
- Indianapolis-based IT managed services and solutions company Bell Techlogix has appointed Elliott Patrick as chief operating officer. Patrick was most recently the CIO for the city of Indianapolis/Marion County and the director of the Information Services Agency, which were clients of Bell Techlogix.
- IT infrastructure services provider Kyndryl has scored a big customer win — Dr Lal PathLabs Limited, one of India’s pathology diagnostic providers with more than 250 labs and 4,500 sample collection points, has chosen the IT service provider to manage its IT infrastructure stack including both on-premises and cloud across multiple hyberscaler providers. The announcement represents a deepening of the relationship. Kyndryl assisted Dr Lal PathLabs extensively during the height of the COVID-19 pandemic with various IT services.
- Capgemini has announced a major recruitment drive in Egypt. In October 2022 the company launched its Global Delivery Center in Ciaro to meet customer demand for cloud infrastructure, intelligent operations, engineering, research and development, data science, and artificial intelligence. The company plans to hire 3,000 and establish the center as a major outsourcing hub within its global delivery network.