5 Channel Partner & MSP Market News Updates: 12 January 2023
Simeio, TRG, Xerox and Aptum all make acquisitions, and there are some new faces at Microsoft solutions provider Nerdio. Sip up!
Credit: Getty Images
Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Thursday, January 12, 2023. Sip up.
What’s In Our Daily Brew?
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), IT service providers (ITSPs), cybersecurity consultants, technology solutions providers (TSPs), systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), distributors and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s Technology, Channel Chief and MSP Partner Program News
- MSP Acquisition: Identify and access management provider Simeio has acquired Texas-based PathMaker Group (PMG) – an identity management services and solutions provider. Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed. The acquisition strengthens Simeio’s presence in the utilities, travel, and logistics industries and expands its North American presence, the company said.
- Multi-Cloud Management M&A: Aptum, a hybrid multi-cloud managed service provider, acquired Montreal, Canada-based CloudOps for an undisclosed sum. CloudOps is a cloud consulting, managed services, and software company focused on open source, cloud native platforms, networking, and DevOps. The deal will bolster Aptum’s hybrid multi-cloud solutions and services offering, according to the company.
- More MSP M&A: TRG, a global managed solutions provider focused on enterprise mobility, point of sale, and payments has acquired Canadian mobility devices and wireless network solutions provider Real World Communications for an undisclosed sum. The news comes just weeks after the Company announced a major expansion of its Canadian operations.
- Xerox’s Latest Acquisition: Continuing with the M&A trend today, Xerox has acquired Advanced UK, an Uxbridge, UK-based hardware and managed print services provider, and long-standing Xerox Platinum partner. Xerox says the deal will allow it to further vertically integrate, continue to strengthen its presence in the UK, and provide continuity to Advanced UK’s customer base. Financial terms were not disclosed.
- New Faces At Nerdio: Nerdio, which provides virtual desktop solutions powered by Microsoft technologies, has announced several new members to its leadership team. Appointments of note include Suresh Thirunavukkarasu, who will take the CPTO position and oversee Nerdio’s product, engineering, partner solutions, and support functions; Andy Baker will become CPO and oversee the company’s development and execution of HR programs; while Susan Driscoll becomes the VP of Customer Success, overseeing Nerdio partners’ customer success organization.