5 Channel Partner Program and MSP News Updates: 03 May 2021
Here are five (actually, more) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Monday, May 3, 2021. Sip up.
What’s In Our Daily Brew?
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), IT service providers (ITSPs), technology solutions providers (TSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. What’s Brewing Today: Technology News
1. M&A – Application Integration Services: Dell is selling its Boomi iPaaS cloud platform to private equity firms Francisco Partners & TPG Capital.
2. Business Automation: Ingram Micro is leveraging the Microsoft Power Platform and Microsoft Dynamics 365 to “free thousands of hours for sales teams” and to unlock “new opportunities with automated sales quotes,” the distribution giant says.
3. Multi-Cloud Software Development: IBM’s Red Hat business has announced general availability of OpenShift GitOps and OpenShift Pipelines. The new OpenShift features help organizations to “further reduce friction between development and operations teams by streamlining application development and deployment across the hybrid cloud, Red Hat says.
4. Partnership – Big Data and Cloud Services: Mobile operator Vodafone and Alphabet’s Google Cloud entered a strategic partnership to jointly develop data services. About 1,000 workers in Britain, Spain and the United States will be to asked by both companies to create “Nucleus”, a new cloud-based storage and analytics portal which will host Vodafone’s data, Reuters reports.
5. Direct Deposit Glitch – Intuit QuickBooks: Some Intuit QuickBooks customers said the payroll software didn’t deliver direct-deposit payments on April 30, 2021. The company acknowledged the issue on its website on Friday morning and later in the day a spokeswoman said, “There is a direct deposit issue for a subset of QuickBooks Online Payroll customers that did not receive their paychecks this morning. We are aware of the issue. It should be resolved shortly with impacted customers receiving their paychecks by end of day today,” Bloomberg reports.
6. Warren Buffett Successor: When Warren Buffett steps down from Berkshire Hathaway, then Vice Chairman Greg Abel would succeed Buffett, CNBC has confirmed.
B. Channel Partner Summits, MSP Conferences and Virtual Events Calendar
- Women Transforming Technology Conference (May 3-4, Virtual)
- Microsoft Business Applications Summit 2021 (May 4, Virtual)
- BuildIT: 2021 Help Systems User Conference (May 4-6, Virtual)
- GlueX 2021 from Kaseya’s IT Glue (May 4-5, Virtual)
- Dell Technologies World (May 5-6, Virtual)
- ChannelE2E’s complete event calendar
- Add Your Annual Event To Our Calendar: Submit it here