5 Channel Partner Updates: 20 April 2017
Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Thursday, April 20, 2017.
Actually, there are 13 updates for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on.
13. Hot Rumor: Microsoft apparently is seeking to acquire Cloudyn for cloud cost monitoring and management.
12. H-1B Visas and Layoffs: Talk about ironic. The Trump administration’s push to overhaul the H-1B Visa program will potentially cause layoffs. At least that’s the growing fear in India, where IT services firms are bracing for the potential changes.
11. IoT Security: Malwarebytes (advanced malware prevention and remediation) now integrates with ForeScout Technologies (IoT security). Partners and customers gain ” real-time threat visibility and remediation for both managed and unmanaged devices,” the companies assert.
10. PSA Integration: CoreDial’s SwitchConnex platform now integrates with ConnectWise Manage. Partners can white label SwitchConnex to sell, deliver, manage and invoice for hosted PBX solutions, VoIP, SIP trunking and unified communications.
9. Oracle for Docker: Oracle plans to release its flagship databases, middleware and developer tools into the Docker Store marketplace via the Docker Certification Program. Oracle confirmed the plans during this week’s DockerCon 2017 conference.
8. Security & MSPs: LockPath, a provider of governance, risk management and compliance (GRC) solutions, has launched Keylight Managed Services (KMS). The service provides customers with” expert GRC professionals to help manage administrative tasks associated with compliance, risk, vendor and incident management processes,” the company says.
7. SD-WANs: GTT has launched a managed SD-WAN service. It’s the latest SD-WAN service to leverage VeloCloud. Chatter about the SD-WAN market has been especially loud in recent weeks. Much of the SD-WAN news emerged from the Channel Partners Conference and Expo 2017.
6. Partner Program: CA Technologies has launched an overhauled partner program. John Eldh, senior vice president, Global Partner and Digital Sales, CA Technologies, is driving the effort. And yes, the company continues to work closely with MSPs and CSPs — particularly in the midmarket.
5. Data Center Leaders: The top 10 data center operators are… Well, that link reveals the list. But we’ll offer some analysis soon.
4. Cisco Certifications: Cisco has launched new certifications to help customers and partners with their digital transformation efforts…
3. M&A – WiFi Network: Riverbed plans to acquire Xirrus, which specializes in cloud enabled Wi-Fi networks, the two companies confirmed yesterday.
2. Partner Program: Citrix has launched Services Delivery Kits and Programs to help partners deliver Citrix-related services.
1. Building Something New: We’ll show you our progress… soon…